Tuesday, November 01, 2005

1,707 -- Great Start!

Of course I wanted to write 10,000 words today, but I finished a very respecatable 1,707. I wrote 627 during lunch and the rest (1080) this evening after I cooked dinner and watched the movie "Shakes the Clown."

Now it is time to go to sleep. I have a very busy rest of the week going on, so I hope I can keep this up!

In order for me to write 50,000 words in 30 days I have to average at least 1,667 words per day. Yeah me, first day and I am ahead. Tomorrow night I twist balloons after work, Thursday I have Toastmasters, and Friday and Saturday I am getting ready for a speech competion and a balloon gig. Hopefully I will find some time to write and/or be able to catch up on Sunday.

As I write I see myself writing sucky things, lurking out of the corner of my eye, I try not to go back and fix them. Let them be sucky. This is a first draft. I can fix everything. And, frankly, I have no idea how the story will unfold, so I am just going to keep going.

It is nice to have rules. No stopping. Keep writing. And all that rot.

No comments: