Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sunday Write-In at Panara's

The recap: It is Sunday and I am 3,603 behind and to be on track by the end of the day I need to write 5,270 words. Doable. But a daunting task.

I was not able to write on Friday or Saturday because I participated in the Toastmasters District 45 Conference as a Humorous Competion contestant and centerpiece designer/creator. I spent Friday evening after work preparing for the conference. Yesterday I woke at 5:50 am and went to Troy's house to blow up 30 helium balloons (he is a balloon twister as well.) We stuffed them all in my car (good thing it is a huge one) and I drove to LA (Lewiston/Auburn, Maine), went to a workshop, made some centerpieces, placed helium balloons, had lunch, went to a couple more workshops, got ready for the contest, had the contest, had a cocktail hour, banquet, listened to a speech, found out I did not place in the contest, hung out in the hospitality room and ended out getting home at 1 am.

DSCF2587

Not one balloon popped. (Except by dinner time one of the centerpiece balloons at my table.)

Oh, and my husband Edmund, his word count is 15,579 - and he is 6 days ahead...

No comments: